June 1, 2007

The "fun" begins...


For the first few days (ok, almost a week), the dining room table was covered with stuff to be put away, so Ismael & I ate our meals at this box.

One day Ismael found his Bugs Bunny lamp in one of the boxes & ever since he wants to do everything with his large stuffed Bugs Bunny. As you can see, he wants to eat with him, play with him, read books with him, sleep with him...we even have to take him in the car with us if we go somewhere.



Ismael has been a great "helper". He even helped me move the sofas so that I (we) could vaccum under them.



Getting everything put away & settled has actually taken longer than I expected. I've had to clean everything & do certain things only when Ismael is sleeping, other things only while awake, plus run errands & take care of things on base (which seem to take forever!). My new favorite product is the Magic Erasers. I've cleaned the appliance handles, doors, & toys, & they look brand new afterwards! It's so addictive, I started going through the house looking for more things to use them on! Through it all, we have to make time for a bit of fun too!! Ismael loves playing outdoors. The backyard is nice & private. Airplanes & base helicopters fly over every now & then, so we have to stop everything to find it when we hear it.




This is a view from the master bedroom balcony...hopefully I'll find time to enjoy it sometime soon!

No comments: